Leading our sector forward.
We see our team at every level as entrepreneurs. By encouraging ownership and autonomy, our team learns to be forward-thinking leaders and creative problem solvers. We embrace that the best ideas can come from the most unexpected places.
We believe that growth comes from constant evolution and an aim to create a culture of learning. We support this by promoting the exchange of different ideas from inside and outside of the organization. Our teams are fortified by their cross-category exposure and direct access to all levels of leadership within the company.
When bringing new talent into the company, we strive to build a long-lasting bond, paving a clear path for growth and constant opportunity for experimentation and professional development. We bring on talent equally as passionate about what we do in order to team up for mutual success.
Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
Location: Chicago (Headquarters in Willowbrook)
We are looking for an individual that wants the opportunity to work with dynamic, energetic people in the fast-paced world of fragrance and cosmetics. This role reports directly to the SR QC/QA Manager and is responsible for obtaining, organizing, entering, and coordinating all activities related to regulatory compliance. This will include but is not limited to the registration of products both domestically and internationally. This individual will also ensure compliance of our products with all respective brand requirements. This entails ensuring required data is gathered, is consistent with the requirements needed, input timely/accurately and in accordance with all established procedures. The role works closely with Product Development, Category Development, Production, and other QA roles as it relates to the registration of all fragrances, cosmetics, and OTC drug products. This role is an intermediate-level position for those with some experience in regulatory
- Will maintain and oversee regulatory compliance with all federal agencies in which products are sold. This includes but is not limited to FDA, Health Canada, European Commission (EU), *NEW* UK Cosmetic Regulations, & NINCAS (Australia)
- Oversees individual brand requirements and development/implementation of procedures, testing, and product requirements consistent with the brands to ensure compliance with each finish good sku sold by Tru.
- Coordinates, oversees, and enters all required data into appropriate databases such as WERCS, Smartsheets, and other brand databases to complete the tasks.
- Works with Product Development, Fragrance houses and other QA associates to gather all required information and documentation required to complete registration of products where appropriate.
- Tracks all industry regulations updates and ensures products are kept within compliance, including maintaining timely product modification during regulatory changes.
- Tracks status and progress of regulatory documentation and deliverables required to support regulatory submissions
- Identifies any missing requirements and recommends solutions to complete the tasks and reports routinely on the progress and status of all efforts.
- Identifies quality problems and reports same in a timely fashion.
- Assists in quality investigations to determine root cause and identifies corrective/preventative measurements.
- Assists in Social Compliance, GMP, and other audits for both Tru and 3rd party vendors
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Clear understanding of the various components that make up a finished good.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Full understanding of the team concept combined with individual accountability.
- Ability to read and follow standard operating procedures and other written documentation.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree, BS/BA in Business preferred, or equivalent QA experience.
- 1 to 3 years of regulatory, compliance and general QA experience.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Willingness and desire to be part of a highly motivated, passionate team.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and develop constructive solutions.
- Self-starter with the willingness to take the initiative and seize opportunities.
- Full understanding of the team concept combined with individual accountability in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to write effectively, including via email, which requires thoughtful, non-dramatic expression.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work with different types of people, while creating and maintaining cooperative relationships across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail in follow-up, communication, and planning.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to accept appropriately couched criticism without defensiveness.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things, including becoming proficient with our ERP system (NetSuite).
- Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package available.
- If you possess the skills and experience described and are seeking a career opportunity with a growing company in a dynamic industry, please send a cover letter and resume to CAREERS@TRUFRAGRANCE.COM.
We welcome the opportunity to meet new talent regardless of current openings. If you would like to share your CV with us for future consideration please do so at CAREERS@TRUFRAGRANCE.COM.
About Tru Fragrance + Beauty:
tru is a team of brand creators, a partner for retailers, and a residency for founders and young beauty brands. We have fifty plus years’ experience in the vast fragrance, beauty and wellness space, delivering paramount creative capabilities, category management and logistical excellence. Each year we bring hundreds of innovative, profitable products to market with our diverse retail and brand global partners including Sephora, Target, Ulta, Lake & Skye, Undone Beauty, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, and Marks & Spencer among others.
Our unmatched infrastructure allows us to craft and execute data-driven strategies as unique as each client, providing in-house services within ideation, global operations, retail and brand strategy, brand marketing, data intelligence, e-commerce and funding and portfolio management. Our team of in-house experts are extensions of our retail and brand partners, navigating the ever-evolving industry as one.
In addition to headquarters in New York and Chicago, our elite team of 80 is located in satellite offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Miami, and London.
Create opportunity. Produce excellence.
Scale smart. Design the future.