We are often searching for talent to add to the Tru Fragrance team. If you interested in a highly rewarding career in the fragrance industry, please email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to:
Attn: HR Director
7725 South Quincy
Willowbrook, Illinois 60527
Senior Creative Director
Company Description: Tru Fragrance and Beauty, based in Chicago with offices in New York and Denver, is a complete fragrance and beauty company specializing in the design, creation, manufacturing and marketing of hundreds of perfumes, colognes and body care products. With a network of nationwide retailers and numerous private label and licensing accounts, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the fragrance industry. Every day we deliver innovative, profitable fragrance brands to our customers around the country. Some of the perfumes and colognes we create include the fragrances for The Buckle, St. John’s Knits, Charming Charlie, Francesca’s and Charlotte Russe.
Title: Senior Creative Director
Location: Chicago or NYC
- Oversees multiple creative projects through completion with the Tru design team. Provides designers creative insight and perspective on all design and manages the creative team to meet client and internal needs.
- Creates and implements the overarching creative direction and vision for our clients’ products and Tru house brands.
- Teams with Category Development and Business Development to articulate, sell and defend conceptual and directional design in new prospect pitches and new client proposals.
- Facilitates continual creative improvement and actively contributes to a team culture of innovation and excellence, ensuring the quality of design meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Demonstrates superior presentation skills and possesses the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external decision makers and influencers.
- Inspires, motivates and develops design team members helping them to get to the next level. Provides ongoing, clear direction and constructive feedback both formally and informally throughout the year.
- Works collaboratively with other Tru departments, including Product Development, Operations and Category Development to meet our clients’ needs.
Education: BS/BA in Graphic Design/Fine Arts or other related field.
Experience: 8 – 12 years of Creative management experience, working for fragrance, cosmetics and/or skin care companies. Experience on both the agency and client side is beneficial.
- Proven track record and demonstrated background in leading, inspiring and motivating a team of designers and production staff.
- A portfolio of superior creative work, which demonstrates strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, including the ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work with different types of people, while creating and maintaining cooperative relationships across the organization.
- Strong communication skills working with internal team members and outside vendors and clients.
- Full understanding of the team concept, combined with individual accountability in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Desire to be part of a highly motivated, passionate team.
- Excellent written and speaking skills, including the ability to make persuasive arguments and at times, accept decisions contrary to personal positions.
- Proactive problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel as needed, which is estimated at 10 – 15%.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
- Proficient knowledge and ability to use various computer design/graphics applications, including but not limited to Photoshop, Quark, InDesign, Illustrator or comparable software skills.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. There is an opportunity for a significant performance-based bonus on top of base salary. Comprehensive benefits package available.